Credit Transfer (RPL) Policy
The purpose of this policy and procedure is to outline Employ Me Training & Education approach to ensuring students are provided with credit for units of competency and/or modules where they are evidenced by:
- AQF certification documentation issued by another RTO or AQF authorised issuing organisation such as a university
- Authenticated VET transcripts issued by the Registrar.
This policy and procedure complies with Clause 3.5 of the Standards.
AQF means Australian Qualifications Framework which can be accessed at http://www.aqf.edu.au/
Certification document means a Testamur, Statement of Attainment or Record of Results
Credit means recognition of the previous studies a student has completed for the purpose of reducing the units or modules required to be completed in their currently enrolled program
Course means any nationally recognised qualification, unit of competency, skill set or short course in which a student is enrolled with the RTO
Record of Results is a record of all the units and modules completed and their results that lead to an AQF qualification or VET Accredited Course being issued and is issued alongside an AQF qualification or Statement of Attainment
Registrar means the Student Identifiers Registrar
SRTOs means the Standards for RTOs 2015 – refer definition of ‘Standards’
Standards means the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 of the VET Quality Framework which can be accessed from www.asqa.gov.au
Statement of Attainment confirms that one or more nationally recognised units or modules has been achieved by an individual but is only used where there has been partial completion of a qualification or VET accredited course
Testamur is an official certification document that confirms that an AQF qualification has been awarded to an individual. This may be called an ‘award’, ‘qualification’ ‘parchment’, or ‘certificate’
- All students will be offered the opportunity to apply for credit for previously completed studies. Students can apply for Credit by completing a Credit Application Form and providing relevant supporting documents, including certified copies of transcripts. This may include VET transcripts or extracts issued by the Student Identifiers Registrar.
- All evidence provided as part of an application for Credit will be authenticated by Employ Me Training & Education by contacting the issuing organisation to confirm the details provided on the document are valid. In the case of transcripts issued by the USI Registrar, documents will be authenticated through the USI Registry System.
- Employ Me Training & Education will not require any student to repeat any unit or module which they have already been assessed as Competent unless there is a license condition or regulatory requirement that requires this.
- Where a student provides authenticated evidence of units or modules issued by another RTO or authorised issuing organisation, Employ Me Training & Education will provide Credit for that unit or module where it is a unit listed in the student’s course of enrolment with Employ Me Training & Education.
- Where evidence has been provided of previous study being completed at another RTO, university or other authorised issuing organisation, but the unit or module is not listed in the student’s course of enrolment with Employ Me Training & Education, an analysis as to the equivalence of the study completed with the units in the student’s enrolment with Employ Me Training & Education will be undertaken.
- Students will be advised of the outcome of their Credit application in writing.
- Where there are significant Credits granted, this may result in a reduction of the Course fees which will be advised at the same time.
- The result of Credit Transfer will be recorded for any relevant units on the student management system.
- Students may appeal the decisions made about their Credit application by following Employ Me Training & Education’ Complaints and Appeals Policy & Procedures.